Saturday 14 June 2008

The Happening

I went to the movies today for the first time in months and months. Can't even remember the last movie I saw there. LOL! I know I went to the city - Skien. Tonight I went to our neighbour town Bø and saw the movie The Happening. My town no longer has a movie theater. We used to have it at a house that has bingos, dances and movies. However, the children's movie club still shows movies there, and it's quite popular.

Okay, back to the movie. The Happening is a psychological thriller, I won't say too much about it to spoil the movie. But it's about a few people trying to get away from a pandemic where people commit suicide for some unknown reason. In Norway, it got great reviews, but I know it has gotten bad reviews too. Though, Robert Ebert gave it 3 out of 4 stars. It was good, but not as good as I thought it would be, so I give it a 7/10.

Decided to add the post to the labes area too, so if someone wants to read all my movie reviews they are more than welcome. When I watch DVD's I'll add a comment about them too.

If anyone is curious, I'm a huge sci fi/fantasy fan. I also like action movies, comedies, thrillers and a bit, horror movies. Not much into romantic movies, so I rarely watch them. LOL! My two fav movies are Pitch Black and Independence Day. I'm a trekkie (especially the Next Generation) and also a huge fan of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, and liked a lot Babylon 5 too. And not to mention, Buffy and Angel, love the humour in those two shows.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now.........

~MayK

No comments: